Ingredient Highlight: Green Tripe
Posted on February 16 2017
Longevity Raw Pet Food is packed with vital nutrition. Among the many wonderful ingredients in all of our Longevity varieties is green tripe. Green tripe may not smell good to you, but dogs love it and it is truly a superfood for your pet. Tripe is the stomach lining of grazing animals - cows, buffalo, bison, and lamb. Green tripe is rich in probiotics and healthy bacteria with many benefits for your dog, including:
- Promoting a healthy appetite and digestion
- Soothing the gastrointestinal tract (GI), including stomach upset and irritable bowel syndrome
- Boosting the immune system
- Treating diarrhea and constipation
- Assisting in weight gain and recovery from illness
- Reducing seasonal allergies in dogs
- Decreasing feces consumption among dogs
Green tripe is rich in probiotics and vital enzymes unlike the bleached white tripe that you may find in a supermarket. Green tripe is also rich in protein and amino acids. It also has an almost perfect calcium/phosphorous balance and a balanced ration of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
Adding green tripe to all of our Longevity food extends these wonderful benefits to pets and packs even more nutritional punch in all of your pet's meals!